Good afternoon/evening from Iceland!
Yay! Whale watching was successful! We are all so pleased, excited and in awe at the beautiful creatures we have seen today. We set off at 1pm and were back on dry land at 5.05pm so it was a long trip. We were lucky to see white-beaked dolphins and orca (killer) whales which is very rare and is the first time in 2 months that they have been seen so we feel this makes up for the lack of Northern lights last night. It was a very cold trip and we were so thankful that the guides gave us special suits. They weren't sexy but they did the job at keeping us warm.
Quite a lot of our group were very sea sick, in fact about half of them were sick which was a shame. It became very choppy in the bay while we were whale spotting and the wind picked up a lot. The tour company were very kind to us though, they provided us with blankets, water and sea-sickness tablets to try and help. Only 1 out of the 5 staff were sick...Me (Mrs Roberts) let the side down being sick twice but Aaron Hill came to my rescue by providing me with a blanket when I was cold and putting my sick bag in the bin so I didn't have to get up again. He also has a stomach made of iron as whilst I was being sick, he was eating his sandwiches right in front of me!
We are now waiting for dinner in our favourite restaurant before going back to the hotel to pack our cases :-(. We are so sad to be leaving as we have had a unique experience and learnt and seen so much.
I'm glad everyone's had a great time. Can I just wish Beth a happy 16th birthday for tomorrow lots of love from Mum, Dad, Jess and Dan xxxxxx.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased whale watching was successful after the disappointed of not seeing the Northern Lights, hope everyone has recovered from the sea sickness! Megan has had a great time and may I take this opportunity to thank all the staff involved for working so hard on organising such a memorable experience. However, can I ask a favour, please double check Megan's luggage for stray animals!!!
ReplyDeleteAll checked and x-rayed...no animals!
ReplyDelete